• Rental Property Investor
  • Chippewa Falls, WI
Votes |
First direct mail campaign

Brandon Hurlburt
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Chippewa Falls, WI
Posted May 30 2018, 11:46

Finally decided to do my first direct mail campaign because I can't find any good deals on the MLS. Seems like any time there is a half way decent deal, something I would still try to get knocked down a good 15%, it has an accepted offer at list price or above by the end of the day.

I wanted to do pre-probates and inheritance leads for my first campaign. But I couldn't find any cheap lists, and to go through county records and scrub all of the junk deals was taking way too much time. So I think I decided on absentee owners for now. The criteria I have set so far is at least 40% equity, and a home value of <100k. I was thinking about also doing a purchase of >10 years ago, but I read that a good majority of motivated sellers are new investors that just want to get out.

Are there any tips that anyone would recommend to get the best ROI? I'm looking to buy them all with cash, so I probably will only be buying 1-2 houses a month if possible. So I don't really need 1,000 leads, just a few high quality ones.

Loading replies...