List Source Criteria for Direct Mail

1 Reply

Hi all,

I'm looking to pick up a duplex to house hack. There is nothing available in my target area so I'm looking to do a direct mail campaign using list source to send out some mailers. I will be using a loan to purchase the property. Wanted to get some advice from anyone experienced with buying lists on list source as to what criteria to use to make my list. I don't want to be spending money on a list using useless filters. So far I was thinking: 

City

Property type: Duplex

Exclude corporate and trust owned

Absentee owners in and out of state

I wasn't sure about LTV or Equity % was hoping someone on here would have some advice as to the accuracy of those and if they would be applicable in my situation to use. I was messing around with using them and it eliminated a ton of hits so I wasn't sure if those were accurate or not. Also, if there are any other filters that would help me narrow down my list please let me know. Thanks!!

@Jeremy Taggart You might consider working with a list broker rather than an online system where you have to figure out everything on your own. 

I wrote a blog here that explains LTV. I hope this helps.

https://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/10944/74960-hi...

Depending on your area counties, there may or may not be good reporting on the loan information to allow a compiler to calculate the LTV. It can often help to include unknown LTV and a purchase/transfer/sale date of 5-10+ years.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you