We buys houses - website

48 Replies

@Phillip Lanier   Thanks so much!  

Yeah, those video testimonials go a long, long way.   Digital assets that will help you generate more leads for a long time.   Make sure to be getting reviews on a Google My Business page and Facebook business page as well!

Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs :
Originally posted by @Danny Johnson:

@Jay Hinrichs  LeadPropeller provides real estate investor websites that are search engine optimized, conversion optimized, and mobile responsive.  We have sites that are built for motivated seller lead gen, sites for wholesale buyer list building and listing wholesale deals, as well as house selling/renting websites.  

The benefits are the optimizations and speed of deployment.   No coding needed and default content is all there.  The sites can be live within minutes of signing up. We've been generating motivated seller leads online for our own house flipping business for over a decade.   Because we were our first customer, we quickly realized the need to add texting automations to help give us an advantage.  When a seller submits a form on the website, they will get a text (that is customizable by the website owner) after a short delay (to make it not seem automated).  You as the website owner also get a text with the information submitted.  This allows you to call them while they are still on the website filling out the second form in the 2-step form process.  

We also provide in-house managed online marketing for clients that would rather pay for it than do it themselves.  We provide professional search engine optimization, Facebook marketing, and pay per click (Adwords) to generate traffic to the websites very quickly.  Of course all of this is based on what we've learned over all these years doing this for our own flipping business that we still operate. 

LeadPropeller clients also get access to training to help them drive traffic to their websites.   

Hope that clears it up. 

thanks Danny I had heard the term over the years but just never knew what it was.. I don't have a website or facebook or any other social media.. I mean my wife made a facebook account for me but I cant figure out how to get on it..:)  and I don't accept text messaging I wont answer those.. I got on to this thing called whats app and I like those quick verbal messages.. this way I can tell the inflection in the voice and its 100 times quicker than trying to text... 

I do at some point though have to get into the 21st century.. but I am heck on e mail and have come to like BP with all the banter and attempting to help those that are in the beginning stages of their career .   so what is the carrot thing.. that guys is out of nowhere Oregon.. I heard about that this week at a Real estate conference I attended in San Diego.. they were talking about Carrot something and going to Roseburg Oregon..  

This right here is serious #lifegoals. 

To be so successful in life / career, that real life gives you no need or time for social media EXCEPT to help and influence others in a positive manner.

When you also have the ability to straight up ignore some of the most influential and valued companies of a generation (Facebook / Twitter). 

This is the level I want to reach!

Originally posted by @Jason Hartman:

@Jay Hinrichs  yes, Voxer is the best way to communicate ever invented all human history. :-)

I prefer Whats app.. but then you loved Tesla and I bought two  .. I love mine you hated yours.. then you loved Jetsmarter then did not.

luckily I did not pull the trigger on that one.. but now that I am in Vegas and when I get back for the full winter run I am going to try it.. 

LOL... Oh so many first world  problems.  I have gotten off of facebook so have not followed you in a few months.. at least your world wide adventures that look pretty cool  !!!

Jetsmarter has pay as you go option now. Recent update...

Fiverr is A great choose for quick and cheap tasks you can also checkout freelancer.com (similar to fiverr) the only problem is that you are not allowed to speak with your website developer and all communications must go through their chat system.

However upwork.com is the only platform I know that you can get in touch with a developer that you are allowed to take the job off their platform and have a phone/skype conversation with your site developer.

You should checkout past reviews and profiles from different developers and you can find very high qualified developers to build you a very professional site for just a few hundred buck (penny's) I have used some of them my self and they are great! 

Originally posted by @Aaron Hunt :
Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs:

@Jay Hinrichs  yes, Voxer is the best way to communicate ever invented all human history. :-)

I prefer Whats app.. but then you loved Tesla and I bought two  .. I love mine you hated yours.. then you loved Jetsmarter then did not.

luckily I did not pull the trigger on that one.. but now that I am in Vegas and when I get back for the full winter run I am going to try it.. 

LOL... Oh so many first world  problems.  I have gotten off of facebook so have not followed you in a few months.. at least your world wide adventures that look pretty cool  !!!

I have the app so i get the updates.. I think Jason had some issue with availability.. they suck you in to pay the annual fee then you cant actually get rides when needed..  for me they dont shuttle to where i go generally as i was always flying out of Portlandia but now that i will be in Vegas half the year i may try it to get to the east coast then go to my markets from there.. I fund in 14 markets.. so I am all over the place.. will see.. and maybe i just use it to go from vegas to LAX to catch the connecting flights.. such problems.  Or i need to make more money so i can just flat buy my own jet or go in partners with a few others..  I have friends that have that .. they have 3 or 4 partners .. but they are all based in Portland so it works for them.. and my flying needs are transcon  , and my friends have citations that are good for that 1000 mile legs but wont go cross country.. with out stops..

Hi @John De La Garza  

Weebly is a super simple site builder if you want to go that route, otherwise @Gregg Watkins 's post is on-point! Just follow his steps and it's pretty simple. I'd like to add my 2 cents in the following steps:

STEP 1 - Create a free gmail account and use this to register. This helps with spam but also gives you access to Google Analytics (free, takes a minute to setup, and let's you see how potential sellers are looking at your site).

STEP 2 - HostGator is decent, I prefer GoDaddy (I've used both, GD seems a little faster). You can buy your domain and host everything there. Also remember to purchase privacy (~$8/yr, so you don't get spam calls).

The rest sounds a bit complicated but it's quite simple with a small learning curve.

BONUS: Sign up for SUMO (not a plug, I'm not affiliated in any way and it's free). It creates a popup so that anyone on your site can sign up for your mailing list (i.e. future leads).

Hope this helps. Let me know if you want me to expand on any specific step (I work in IT). I'm new to real estate and BiggerPockets so have been itching to contribute to the forums! =)

Thanks,

Tony

@Jay Hinrichs - You have to admit that I've been super consistent about many things - real estate investing, Voxer, travel, economic predictions, etc. so Vox with me. I used to love California but, like JetSmarter who totally oversold memberships, I will echo Ronald Reagan's comments saying that I didn't leave California (or Tesla, or JetSmarter), California left me. They all got crappy. 

This post has been removed.

Originally posted by @Jason Hartman :

@Jay Hinrichs - You have to admit that I've been super consistent about many things - real estate investing, Voxer, travel, economic predictions, etc. so Vox with me. I used to love California but, like JetSmarter who totally oversold memberships, I will echo Ronald Reagan's comments saying that I didn't leave California (or Tesla, or JetSmarter), California left me. They all got crappy. 

no question about that..  keep up the good work !! I for one appreciate it..  we need to talk one day and see what else i can do for you.

This post has been removed.

I have a friend out of California that builds website for like $450. I’d be happy to connect you.

Yes I agree with @ Matt L Fiverr.com  is GREAT for finding a good quality reasonably priced person to help you create a Logo, a website, squeeze pages and all things marketing.    I have used people fro Upwork /Odesk in the past and not been very impressed with the work and it takes a much longer time to find someone and interview them and then get some work.  Fiverr people post samples of their work for you to look at before you even contact the person.  

Joomla is another content management framework, like wordpress.  it has lots of plugins and templates.

I got mine up and running in minutes, complete with email integration.   templates costs around 59.00

the templates support both desktop and mobile, so it automatically deals with sizing.

Originally posted by @Aaron Hunt:
Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs:

I have the app so i get the updates.. I think Jason had some issue with availability.. they suck you in to pay the annual fee then you cant actually get rides when needed..  for me they dont shuttle to where i go generally as i was always flying out of Portlandia but now that i will be in Vegas half the year i may try it to get to the east coast then go to my markets from there.. I fund in 14 markets.. so I am all over the place.. will see.. and maybe i just use it to go from vegas to LAX to catch the connecting flights.. such problems.  Or i need to make more money so i can just flat buy my own jet or go in partners with a few others..  I have friends that have that .. they have 3 or 4 partners .. but they are all based in Portland so it works for them.. and my flying needs are transcon  , and my friends have citations that are good for that 1000 mile legs but wont go cross country.. with out stops..

Makes sense. Transcon would wear me down. I’m moving out of Vegas back to the East Coast. Will still have some property here but won’t be managing myself. 

My biggest need is now DC to NYC. Problem is Jetsmarter only shuttles to Tetorboro which is neither here nor there, and I want to get to White Plains (Greenwich). First world problems.

Can’t win em all...

I will try to classify the responses and give my understanding ( I worked for many fortune 500 companies as a consultant in their IT department )

1. Wix/weebly /oncarrot /leadpropeller :  with regards to what the OP needs , these are not suitable . 

Why ?

a. Not a one time buy 

b. Some are over kill

c.  Depend on the mercy of the company ( this is ok if you don't have choice )

d. Cannot customize the way you want - For ex lets say I want to provide an option for visitors to chat , some support , some won't support - even if they support , your monthly bill will most likely increase )

2. Find some one on Fiverr/upwork etc..

This sounds simple and will work in some cases , but potential problems :

a. Its really a hit and miss , the moment they know that you don't know what "hosting" means , they will take you for a ride. Its almost like working with a rehab contractor . They will delay , say that , this button costs extra and so on . You will resist initially and ultimately cave in . 

I am ok with all of this - if the equality of end product is good - but more often than not , it won't be

==================

Not easy , bust best approach :

1. If you know some one in your network , who is tech savvy ask them to vet and manage the project on upwork/fiverr

2. Reach out to a local tech company and interview them , even if they are expensive , try seeing if they are honest . You need a tech guy in your team , But understand that this guy doesn't have to know"everything " under sun , he should know where to look for and provide high level guidance 

3. Find some one on BP who can provide general direction .  I can help anything related to tech . But I am very expensive , Just kidding .. I had lot of such useful calls from people on BP , so I don't mind helping others

===========================

Few important things :

1. Go with wordpress 

2. Any functionality that you want to add - can be added easily - Most are free

3. There are tons of free themes 

4. If you hire anyone on fiverr - make the project milestone based , if they don't deliver the first - move forward

@John De La Garza

from my personal exprience - wix should be the easiest solution for the described website.

you can buy the domain and all for real cheap at www.namecheap.com

PM if you need any help down the road I will be happy to direct you..

If I may weigh in on this topic as both and "IT guy" and a real estate investor. If you were to dumb it down to one single rudimentary difference between "cheap" solutions vs Lead Propeller and Investor Carrot type sites its this: buy it yourself, pick it yourself, build it yourself, maintenance itself, back it up yourself, restore it yourself, patch it yourself, replace plugins that are no longer compatible yourself, become an expert in 3-5 different types of technology that all are "supposed" to work together yourself AND let someone else more effectively do it for you for very little "extra" money than what it would actually cost you.

I have built countless websites on Wordpress, countless plugins, recovered from viruses, done some Joomla/WIX, HTML, etc sites and I can tell you: IT SUCKS. You CANNOT have a well performing site on a $3/mo hosting. The Wordpress sites are excruciatingly slow once you add your marketing and tracking plugins. And if you are not a full time real estate investors and/or web designer why waste all of your time? You'll spend 20 hours a month maintaining a well built site, at least.

I purchased a LeadPropeller site a few months back during a great sale Danny was having and still haven't done much beyond configuring the basics due to not having a lot of time (But I'm going to get it all finished soon!!). Take my advice and try one of the paid solutions for a year. It takes around 6 months for you to get noticeable traffic anyway so commit the money as "marketing funds" and if it doesn't work, oh well. But you'll be out a lot less than having wasted so much time trying to learn and build and maintain a Wordpress site and paying for decent hosting and plugins. And you should have a marketing budget, btw. I don't see how anyone survives in this game without spending at least a little money each money sourcing deals. 

For me personally, the paid vs diy website argument is asinine.

@John De La Garza I agree with @Matt L. Fivver is good to work with to contract various marketing tasks. https://www.fiverr.com/

I have used a couple different platforms to build a site. They all have a learning curve. Weebly was the easiest, but I have had more trouble with the forms. My site is for an annual charity event and I have not been happy with the support and had more stress over the forms not getting sent to me.

My current business website is through WordPress. Although I used a purchsed template, it was a rather long learning curve - but I am sure that there are simpler templates that you could find.

You might also look at working with someone local - A friend of mine hires a part-time high school student for her businesses website.

@Aaron R.   Couldn't have said it better myself.  We'd all do better as real estate investors if we focused our time on what will generate the most revenue in the least amount of time.   

I have my business email with Gsuite. (google) and built my website using google sites. It's their web building app. If you already use their business email it is FREE to use. There were a section or two that I had to code myself since there were not template options that fit my needs but I didn't have to, I chose to. It is not indexed on google as of yet or for SEO. Only because I have not had time to. I also built a private site that is not published to the public just for Investors I work with to see properties available whenever they want. I can't emphasize enough how easy it was to use.  

@John De La Garza

This thread kinda took off! Fun seeing the convo in here.

Seeing as much data as we do each month (50k+ online leads, mostly motivated sellers) and seeing lots of wix, weebly, and cheaply built pretty sites “just to get something online” I can say that if you’re doing a bunch of any type of marketing offline... that you’ll be losing money and leads with a site from those cheap website builders or fiverr providers from under performance. They aren’t built specifically for high-performance for motivated whole sellers. Many people think it doesn’t matter, but I can tell you the data and the results show that it does.

1 lost deal because the website isn’t setup to rank well for your company name OR isn’t setup with conversion in mind (converting visitors into leads at a high rate)... could cost you what... $10k? $20k?

A client who is the largest home buyer in Oklahoma had a good looking WordPress site up and online... but once they switched over to our high performing framework they said their leads nearly doubled and their close ratio from their off-line marketing increased as well. The right website can increase more of your visitors into leads and actually pre-frame the experience with you so you have an increased lead to close ratio.

I’ll DM you the email they sent. Really cool seeing what The right online strategy can do to amplify your off-line marketing and plug the leaky buckets when people research you from your off-line marketing.

It’s not worth the risk to go with a cheap website just to throw something up online. Potentially costing a lot more in the end and would likely be much more hassle than the system specifically set up to attract and convert motivated have sellers online like Lead Propeller or Investor Carrot.

Go get em man! Just don’t touch fiverr or the low cost / free website builders if you’re actually wanting good results from your website. You’ll be online and it’ll look pretty... but in the end will likely cost you tens of thousands in lost deals.

Hi Trevor - thank you for the feedback - I PMd you for some additional info about Carrot

Best, 

-JD

@John De La Garza - We used a web builder to do exactly that, the build was $500 and we pay an annual fee of $240 which includes upkeep and maintenance.  We 'own' the domain but host with the builder. You can see my website attached.  It's not updated but that's entirely on me, when I don't have vacancies I tend to forget about it.  If you're interested, I can PM you the builder info.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here