Yellow letters campaign/"subject to"/seller financing

2 Replies

HI,

I'm looking for some help in regards to finding deals using yellow letters. Could anyone that has used this type of marketing campaign tell me if it worked for you and what list you used that was effective?

The other question I have is, what was your plan once a person called?  Were you planning on buying the property for cash, do a wrap or subject to, or seller finance?  Getting them on the phone is one thing, but converting them to being an actual seller is, instead of a tire kicker, is another thing. 

Finally, does anyone have a "subject to" or seller finance contract or where can I get one?

Thanks,

Jesse

Originally posted by @Jesse Richardson :

HI,

I'm looking for some help in regards to finding deals using yellow letters. Could anyone that has used this type of marketing campaign tell me if it worked for you and what list you used that was effective?

The other question I have is, what was your plan once a person called?  Were you planning on buying the property for cash, do a wrap or subject to, or seller finance?  Getting them on the phone is one thing, but converting them to being an actual seller is, instead of a tire kicker, is another thing. 

Finally, does anyone have a "subject to" or seller finance contract or where can I get one?

Thanks,

Jesse

While I appreciate your enthusiasm, there are legal and ethical considerations in doing Subject To & Wraps. I would strongly advise either finding someone locally doing what you are wanting to do or a local real estate attorney to help you through the process. Yes, it works and is a great tool. But, it is a more sophisticated approach that also requires an understanding of finance, credit, legal and mortgages. 

Originally posted by @Jesse Richardson :

HI,

Thanks,

Jesse

Good to meet you...

Great advise above BTW.

PM me and I will send you the agreement we use. It covers Sub2 and Seller financing... Wrapping I dont encourage and dont do... If you end up doing a wrap your closing company will fill out the documents for that transaction.

Good hunting

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you