$500 Referral - does it work?

5 Replies

I'm considering putting this on the back of a business card.

Has anyone had this work for them?

I'm not sure how comfortable someone would feel giving a distressed homeowner a card stating that they will be earning $500 from it.

Best,

-JD

Originally posted by @Account Closed :

I'm considering putting this on the back of a business card.

Has anyone had this work for them?

I'm not sure how comfortable someone would feel giving a distressed homeowner a card stating that they will be earning $500 from it.

Best,

-JD

Honestly everyone is doing $500 - you need to be different. I personally do around $2000 per referral that I close on. Who do you think that person will go to with referrals? The dude who pays them pocket change or the guy who pays them as much as their entire monthly income? I guarantee when that person gets their first referral fee they'll search even harder for you next time. What's 2k to you when you'll be making 10k+ (depending on your exit strategy). No need to be stingy w/ referrals.

Yes it works, but you need to give out a lot of cards. Also if it's a TRUE distressed homeowner - they won't care what the card says. All they care is someone can help them get out of their situation.

@Caleb Heimsoth $1000 referral fee may be needed for a professional but I bet most people you meet in the street or the garage or at the open house  or the guy at a construction site will be thrilled with $500. Just my $0.02 worth. I think it's a good idea.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you