Using Alternative Phone Numbers For Direct Mail Marketing

6 Replies

I have heard several people on the podcasts talking about the different phone number services they have used to filter their call leads from their different marketing campaigns. While I don't have multiple campaigns going...yet...I am working with a wholeseller who I will have managing my leads from the campaign I am running. I would like a dedicated phone number that will let him know where the lead came from, as well as, allow me to track the volume of action from the marketing itself. 

What are the different sites I can use to set up a direct phone number for him to answer? Do any of them have back-end programs to track the calls that come in? What are the pros and cons you guys have experienced when using this technology?

Thanks for the help.

Chris

I researched VOIP services and settled on one called OOMA, getting 2 phone numbers. I paid about $100 for a box then connected a regular phone to it and got 2 wireless phones from them. For $10 a month I have 2 lines. Calls can also be forwarded to a cell phone. 

They have a business service that has more numbers if you need those. It would be worth a call.

https://www.ooma.com/

It is interesting how you are working with a wholesaler to send out letters @Chris Nowlin !

How exactly is this set up? Are you paying for the marketing, the wholesaler works the leads, how is the split on the profits?

@Naeem Kapasi I grew up with him so it helps with the communication on the front end. He is new to wholeselling and has already had some good success through his first few months just driving for dollars. He has a partner he is working with right now that handles the contracts and back end. They are splitting everything he brings in 50/50.

I had been telling him about direct mail and the need/benefit of setting up a marketing campaign. I offered to help cover the cost of the marketing in exchange for first right of refusal on the deals. If I pass on the deal, he can do what he wants with it and I would receive his standard referral ($500-$1000) that he offers.

He is a natural born salesman that thrives on the phone. I, on the other hand, enjoy the numbers and the projects. It has always made sense, in my opinion, to buy from wholesellers, but I haven't found many who I trust to provide accurate numbers. With this arrangement, we can be completely transparent with one another and I will have the opportunity to name my price before the negotiations start. Anything he talks them down from there is where he can really make his money. 

I will give it a try for a while and see how it goes. 

@Chris Nowlin we use CallRail and it works beautifully. We also have it "communicate" with our CRM service so any calls coming in from CallRail are forwarded to my cellphone and the information about the call is sent to our CRM to cover the statistics and KPIs. 

Good luck and happy investing. 

Any one out there: I am dealing with answering postings on Ad for Rental in seeking next tenant, & I seem to be getting group of responders who seem to be the same people, mostly women, who seem to be changing names, & phone numbers, regularly, & who don't seem to really want to find & move into Rental. The never show up to tours of Rental, as best as I can figure out. I don't know what they are doing this for, except that a common inquiry is for photos of Rental, which is clearly what scam people are now involved in. (What I reply is the following: There are no photos of Rental, other than what Google Maps Street Views provides. We rely on tours for inquirers to see interior of Rental, in place of making photos. We are no proficient in photography.) I am interest in you discussion, in that who is so targeting me so, may be using technology now available for marketing by phone. I know that this topic is off-topic for this discussion, however, this situation needs to be posted somewhere, to alert what is the latest in Rental scams.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you