• Rental Property Investor
  • Dallas, TX
Votes |
Giving seller numbers over the phone?!

Glenay Coleman
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Dallas, TX
Posted Jul 6 2018, 05:30
Im a newbie but work with me I’m putting things in action! I just sent my first 600 direct mails on Monday and have gotten a few calls already... I have a question regarding how to negotiate with a seller once you’ve ran comps and would like to put an offer in. Let’s say you’ve called your seller or they called you & y’all went through your intake Qs and you ask what they want for the property they throw out a number that you know they didn’t consider would be cash, no repairs, no commissions etc. You ask them if there is room to negotiate for cash etc. they say yes a little. Then you go run your numbers and find what makes sense (cents) but you know you’ll have to offer way less of course. Now at this point when you call back to set your appt let’s say an hour or so after that initial convo & they want a #. So are you giving the seller an estimate # of what you will offer based on the ARV / estimated repairs (which you double if you haven’t seen the property) and let them know it’s contingent? —— OVERALL QUESTION: if my goal is to build a relationship with my sellers.... do you tell them a number before you come out and view or do you wait to view & inspect before even giving a ball park #? I did both (My offer was rejected and that’s ok) I don’t want to lose deals by coming in too low but I’m sticking to what makes me money or moving on.... my thought is if they’re motivated they will appreciate it and if they aren’t they won’t want my offer?! What if a seller becomes motivated over time do you still keep sending these sellers mail or stop? Sorry just working on perfecting my marketing.

Loading replies...