marketing lists and strategy to find motivated properties owners?

1 Reply

Hi! I am trying a different tactic than the MLS. Does anyone have a great list they have used, one that is not so known and popular, to reach absentee, tired landlords, or mult-family owners? Any creative ways that help make you stand out? Thank you all so much for any help or advice.

I am going to answer your question with an other question.

How daring huh?

So you say "no" to MLS and then automatically jump to mailing lists.

That is absolutely not the logical jump to make. MLS sucks, but so do DMM campaigns.

There is not much difference between MLS and lists when you are after lists that are available to anyone and everyone.

Indeed MLS sucks, so..

Look into getting your website ranked.

In the last 2  and a half days I got...

... more than 15 leads. And this doesnt include our phones ringing constantly

I didn't spend a dollar on these leads and they are the best quality lead possible.

No one has access to (most) of these leads, as usually a good % of these people when they come to our site they do not bother finding more sites as our site even if I say so myself, is quite good!

Here is the problem with "lists".

I get calls all the time  from sellers that received a postcard through the mail, ... they googled houses for cash, and they found us! Our competitors spend a fortune on DMM and we get a solid % from THEIR campaign. I walk properties all the time and on the table I see 5, 6, 13, letts/postcards on the table scattered yet they call us and end up selling to us.

So if you are serious about investing. Forget lists. List are great to get you started and make some deals now. Better share the deals with me, than no deal at all right?

But if you are not actively working on becoming 1 on google... you will eventually get kicked out of the game.

Your best bet is PPC

talk to @Angel-Ty L. about this.  While you do PPC work on your website.

Believe me there IS NO better way to tackle this. Period!

But let me answer your Q regardless...

Use US lead list. Those guys only sells their lists to 3 people per county. That should give you a solid chance!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you