RVM (Ringless Voicemail) Best Practices???

10 Replies

Hello everyone,

I've been dabbling in RVM for the past few days and it has really caught my interest. Got a few hits from a very small campaign that was sent out. I was wondering if anyone could share their experiences or best practices with it?

I'm curious how often you send them out to a certain group when prospecting new leads. Hit them twice a week? once a week? Few times a month? etc...

Any knowledge on the topic would be great. Thanks a bunch

@Benjamin Blackburn I don't use RVM because it REALLY ticks me off when I get one.  

I understand why people do it, but my instinctive reaction to getting a VM dumped in my lap is do delete without listening and block the number.

My thinking in every aspect of my business is to treat everybody the same way I'd want to be treated.  RVM doesn't fit that description.

Originally posted by @Charlie MacPherson :

@Benjamin Blackburn I don't use RVM because it REALLY ticks me off when I get one.  

I understand why people do it, but my instinctive reaction to getting a VM dumped in my lap is do delete without listening and block the number.

My thinking in every aspect of my business is to treat everybody the same way I'd want to be treated.  RVM doesn't fit that description.

YOU... YOUUUUUU 

You ma man..  you rock.

I am completely with you on this.

It is so FRIGGIN ANNOYING when I get these friggin bastards to manipulate my voicemail.. I don't care if it works or not.. you are just annoying the hell out of people that just want to be left alone.

Originally posted by @Benjamin Blackburn :

Hey @Charlie MacPherson   Thank you for you thoughts . I guess it really really weeds out the non motivated ones from the motivated ones with a problem that needs to be solved. Thanks again.

That is very true! I was thinking about that as well. To be very honest there is inherently not much difference in principle between sending a postcard vs a voicemail if I were to be fair.

@Benjamin Blackburn   It's not the content of the VM that lights my fuse.  In fact, I won't listen to it.

It's the fact that someone just dumped a mass VM without even attempting to actually talk to me.  I can't put my finger on it precisely, but it seems like it's colossally disrespectful.  Akin to someone driving by my front yard and flinging a pile of junk mail onto my front lawn.

Telemarketers are bad enough.  This just feels worse.

@Benjamin Blackburn Great question!  I would like to know the industry best practices as well.  I agree on it weeding out the non-motivated from the motivated.  Some would think that if your house is in preforeclosure and your looking to get out of that situation, having a mystical voicemail left in your inbox stating that they can help would definitely be a resource worth investigating versus getting upset at.   

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a really good RVM. It just makes sense. Obviously I can't cold call as many people as someone could reach with a mail listing. However, an RVM could diffently could. If I took a list of 20 to 50 people I have a better response rate cold calling. I will generally listen to a full voice mail. Junk mail goes in the trash. So if you don't have a really cleaver marketing strategy than a lot of letters are going in the trash. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you