$500-$1,000 per month marketing...where do I spend it?

5 Replies

Hey all,

Looking for some advise or thoughts from experienced marketers out there. I've got between $500 - $1,000 per month that I'd be open to spending on marketing. While I realize this isn't a huge sum of money, it should be enough hopefully to produce the deal flow that I can realistically handle at this time as I'd like to be buying a property or two a month. In the past I had some success with mailing to absentee landlords, but beyond that I really haven't done any marketing to speak. 99% of what gets sent to me from wholesalers is either not a deal or something we wouldn't buy. Deal flow has really dried up and I need other sources. We flip and wholesale SFH and would look to hold anything 2+. Thanks for your help.

Bob 

Originally posted by @Bob Woelfel :

Hey all,

Looking for some advise or thoughts from experienced marketers out there. I've got between $500 - $1,000 per month that I'd be open to spending on marketing. While I realize this isn't a huge sum of money, it should be enough hopefully to produce the deal flow that I can realistically handle at this time as I'd like to be buying a property or two a month. In the past I had some success with mailing to absentee landlords, but beyond that I really haven't done any marketing to speak. 99% of what gets sent to me from wholesalers is either not a deal or something we wouldn't buy. Deal flow has really dried up and I need other sources. We flip and wholesale SFH and would look to hold anything 2+. Thanks for your help.

Bob 

Good Morning Bob

At 500 a month. 

• I would concentrate heavily on networking.  
  • Join the chamber of commerce. I have 4 in my city. 
  • Go to ribbon cutting events. 
  • Pass out business cards. 
  • Buy a set of polo shirts to wear that reads I buy Houses. 
  • Get a subscription to a Texting CRM to set up  automatic text campaigns to your COI. 
  • Cold Call like crazy.

At 1000 a month. Everything above plus 

• direct mail to 1000 equity owners. 
  • Buy a website and work on its SEO.

Happy House Hunting

@Bob Woelfel Car magazines and junk magazines. Those people will answer the phone from numbers they dont know and there is a correlation between dejunking and selling real estate.

I would also call all FSBOers from zillow and all for rent by owners. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you