PA contractors need help

10 Replies

Hello I purchased my 1st investment property in PA in March, and live on New York . My experience has been horrible from real estate agent to contractors taking advantage of my out of state status. License contractors requesting 50% deposits and not finishing the jobs, shaking down for more money and when refused they walk off. This last contractor labor only received over 7000.00 balance of 900 still have backsplash, small area baseboards and 5 small windows to installed and says he's not returning to work since I asked a new agent to confirm his % of completion before payment, he also refuse to give us the HVAC person contact who connected the furnace. What should I do?

@Nelcol L Philip start over with a new contractor. Its hard if you are from out of state. I flip 2-4 homes a month, live here in Pittsburgh and manage my own projects. I have good contacts and 25 years experience and its still very hard for me to keep everything moving and staying on budget. For you its 10 times harder so just take it one step at a time and micromanage the hell out of the rest of this project.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you