New investor looking to invest in Modesto CA area

9 Replies

I’m a new investor looking to invest In the Modesto area. Looking for investing partners and would love to just network and connect with like minded individuals and hopefully find a business partner. I’m currently going through the process of getting my realestate license so I can actively search the MLS myself and better prepare me for my endeavor. Would love to here from some of you whether it be advice, recommendations, or just a simple hello. Looking forward to hearing from you guys.
@Vick Galu My plan is to use the knowledge I gain to help me become a better investor. I will most likely become a realtor and work for a broker in the beginning but branch off on my own into just investing in rental properties and an occasional flip. Have you been thinking of getting your lisence?

@Dusty Sanguinetti I did even bought the courses but towards the end i realize that it wasn't for me that instead of trying to wear all the hats id network and make connections to people already in those fields and focus on what i do best. Best of luck to you man !! Please do keep me updated im interested to see how things will turn out.

Hey @Dusty Sanguinetti ! Welcome to BP. I live in Oakdale and invest in the central valley. I host a meetup once every other month. I usually host them either in Oakdale or Modesto. The next one is Nov 1 at 6:30. Location TBA. If you go to the MeetUp website and search for Stanislaus County Real Estate Investors, you can follow the meetup. I will post the location there. 

Totally up to you if you want to get your RE license, but I operate without mine and don't feel like I need it. Just my two cents.

@Jenell Poncabare That would be great, I will definitely look into the meet up. Thak you for the outreach. The license definitely isn’t needed and I can see how it can even distract you from your original goals. On the other hand I don’t have much experience at all with real estate yet so in my eyes it’s just to get my feet wet and see first hand how the process works before diving in.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you