Thoughts on putting logo on bandit signs and yellow letters.

10 Replies

Hey guys, I am new investor and I am sending out my first batch of yellow letters and wanted to know if putting my logo on the letters and bandit signs are a good idea? I am looking to wholesale a few deals and wasn't sure if I should take the approach as an individual or small business. Any help is appreciated

@Demetri Chase jr The entire purpose of Yellow Letters is to make the mailing appear as though it came from a random person who is interested in buying the house as opposed to a company.  Adding a logo defeats that purpose completely.

If you want to add a logo, use letterhead in a #10 envelope.

Yes to letters- but don't do the stupid yellow paper with fake handwriting. Use the logo on a typed professional letter. It'll help with branding and attract the attention of people want to work with someone professional. Most people who get a yellow letter are able to read through the BS. Think about it - you're sending someone a letter staying you want to buy their house fast and cash but send a cheap letter with fake coffee stains on it? 

As far as bandit signs- that's a absolute no unless bandit signs in your area are ok. In my area, towns will bust you for it so people do a generic sign with burner numbers. No branding. If you're looking for cheap branding ideas- connect with the advertisers for the restaurant placemats. We got in 11 restaurants for $4K and they collectively will burn through 1.2M mats a year. Old people like to go to restaurants :) We also just dropped $5K to be on catholic parish church bulletins. We're in 9 parishes that print about 15K bulletins a week. 1 house from either pays for both for the year but they see us on FB, google, direct mail, church, etc. We're everywhere. 

Hey @Demetri Chase jr people remember images more than names so including a logo helps jog their memory when you continue to follow up with that individual. If you want an alternative mail piece to the yellow letter let me know and I would be happy to help  you out. 

Cheers,

Originally posted by @Demetri Chase jr :
Hey guys,

I am new investor and I am sending out my first batch of yellow letters and wanted to know if putting my logo on the letters and bandit signs are a good idea? I am looking to wholesale a few deals and wasn't sure if I should take the approach as an individual or small business. Any help is appreciated

Good to meet you.

Logo and Website URL on Typed Letters and Postcards only. 

Leave those stupid Yellow Letters as basic as possible. 

@Demetri Chase jr Totally agree with what has been said. A lot of your strategy depends upon how you want to communicate your brand. You could always add a personal touch using a rubber stamp on envelopes you send that imprints your logo on the envelope. That lets you combine both a typed letter and personal touch elements. 

Let me know if I can help any further!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you