Using yellow letters

4 Replies

What's the reason for using red ink when marketing with yellow letters?

I do not use yellow letters but I do remember reading somewhere that blue received a better response. I have no idea how that study was conducted but thought I would mention it.

I do not believe the color of your ink is going to make someone motivated to seller their home for a deep discount.

I wouldn't worry too much about the color of ink that you use. I'd focus on getting the letter opened... using creative envelopes, stamps, and hand addressing them. If they're motivated; they will call.

Lots of Yellow Letter info can be found here: Yellow Letter

Hopefully Michael Quarles will chime in... He runs a yellow letter marketing company and he is always willing to openly discuss the subject.

Q - Does red pull better than any other color?

A - Yes.

Q - Why?

A - I have no idea other than to say it does... I wish black pulled better, it’s cheaper... It doesn’t...

Q - Do I think it makes someone say I want to sell my house?

A - Absolutely NOT.

Q - Then why red over any other color?

A - Because more people notice the words (read the letter) and it makes the telephone ring more.. And our business is a numbers business. Just like any other business.

Q - Is blue better?

A - Not in my research.. Which consists of sending out thousands of friggin letters.

Q - The number one problem with the yellow letter.

A - Perceived cost of entry to a market.

Q - How does it compare to other types of advertising...

A - It doesn’t have any competition... Except full page color newspaper ads or 30 minute infomercials.

Q - How does it compare to post cards?

A - Post cards are reinforcement advertising whereas the yellow letter is a call to action. Post cards are much more expensive first approach.

Q - When to use post cards

A - Third mailing.

Q – How much do they cost?

A - .99 cents postage included done for you.

Q - How much do they cost if I do them myself?

A- figure about .83 cents
Envelope .08
Paper .03
Ink .12
Stamp .44
Labor .15
Label .01
Total .83

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here