Skip to content
Marketing Your Property

User Stats

Votes

Assignment Contract - Buyer seeking mortgage loan NC?

Posted Jun 19 2019, 04:22

Hi.  I am really new to all of this and it is great that I have secured two deals on the table in less than a month with a seller wanting me to sell their home (Investor Assignment Contract).  I am good with the seller but was originally only selling her home for a cash deal...buyer comes to me and says they want to buy (well the daughter did, who lives locally).  The parents are actually trying to relocate back to the area and really want the house...yes daughter is getting power of attorney to handle transactions BUT they decided that they want to try to secure a mortgage loan now (I have seller under contract to pay her $25,000 and the buyer offered $30,000.  Not much profit for me but in the area there is really not to much more that could be done on the deal...

Again, I am new!!! In order to stop showing the property to others, the potential buyer daughter put down a deposit on their behalf - I did make it non-refundable on the receipt.  Buyer has stopped responding to any messages and I asked daughter has she heard from them and she says no (either they are waiting to see if they will be able to get a loan or have changed their mind)...At the time daughter gave me a down payment she did not have a power of attorney yet so she did not sign a contract from me...The actual buyer never signed a contract from me (multiple attempts to see if I could email it etc)...

2 part question:  Can I keep the deposit (receipt says non-refundable)?  I have no idea how to even do this deal with a buyer seeking a mortgage (it was not my plan to have to deal with bank loans)?  I am in NC and I need some guidance.  BTW my other deal, a cash deal, I hope to close on today :)