Are there any Lake Charles La peeps here?

7 Replies

Hi all! Green REI here! Just wondering if there are others here in Lake Charles, La like me that use this site? (If so, say Hi!)

I studied and watched as many videos as I could get my hands on, and today I finally jumped into picking up the phone and trying to get some sells. I ended up leaving at least 30 voicemails and got 2 people on the phone with a promise to call back if they are interested in selling. So, after at least 60+ calls in my 3 hour limit, I’m wondering...am I doing this right? Is this how it goes when you make the calls? Do you leave more voicemails than talk to people? Tell me your stories...

@Jana Landreneau

Jey Jana. I searched Lake Charles in the forums and saw your post. I know it's 5 months old but welcome.LOL I'm curious, how have your efforts produced since you posted your original question?

@David Mathews

Hi David. I haven’t had much luck in the wholesaling thing. I’ve tried every avenue and have done nothing but spend money and not made one single penny. So, I’ve taken a break from the whole real estate thing for now. I just lost my dad Dec 3, so I kind of just put the breaks on my hustling for a while. Have you had any luck? What do you do?

@Jana Landreneau

I am so sorry to hear that bad news about your loss.  Understandable that you would take a break from it all. I hope you decide to give it another go when you're up to it and whatever Avenue you pursue is fruitful for you. 

You asked what I do. Unfortunately I don't have any experience to share with wholesales. I started with real estate in 2015 and have mainly done BRRR. I have 7 doors so far and so far so good on them all cash flowing. On of my properties is a single family residential property that I basically converted to a 4plex. It's kicking butt at the moment but I am a little nervous about all the zoning and permitting to operate it as such. I'm currently trying to learn a little more about all of that bc this property has produced so well and I'd love to develop a strategy to do more like this one. (Legally) Which this one is currently legal being that the Lake Charles ordinance is that 4 people not belonging to the same family may reside in a SFR. I did buy a piece of land by "driving for dollars" just off of Big Lake Road that I am looking to do something with. I sent the owners a letter and the deal developed like that. That is one of the reasons I was curious how your phone calls were producing. I do have my eye on a property and my wife happens to kind of know the owners. Thinking about calling them since we are looking for our next deal.

Hey everyone! I’m a Lake Charles resident as well! Currently getting my bachelors in business management at McNeese! I’m brand new to this and to real estate! Been recently looking into house hacking and possibly investing in owning mobile homes to rent out but I have a lot to learn still before I make any moves! I would love any and all advice everyone has to offer! 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you