Newbie Baltimore Investor

5 Replies

"seems" doesnt always mean it is fine, but obviously you can check yourself if there is a leak, everything run perfectly, circuits are dedicated etc...

if " seems' means you  know your basics, you can skip inspection.

You are a newbie. Consider the cost of an inspection the cost of you learning. Go along for the inspection. Watch what is checked. Look at the equipment used to check. Ask questions. 

Oh, a licensed inspector will also have insurance to back up what they tell you.

Hey John. Thanks for your insight

Is there any difference between getting the property inspected by a licensed inspector vs getting the property inspected by a city inspector?

@Lydia Conway city inspectors job is to follow up and make sure permitted work is being performed properly, and make sure unpermitted work is not being performed. Private inspection reviews the property for issues so you can evaluate the condition

Hello William! I purchased a home and everything seems to be working properly(the plumbing/electrical. I thought that I still needed to get an inspection even if no updates were being made. Thanks for informing me

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you