Skip to content
Marketing Your Property

User Stats

Votes
Allan Smith
  • Developer
  • Nashville, TN
Votes |
PSA: Listsource.com may be MISSING LEADS if you sort by date!!!

Allan Smith
  • Developer
  • Nashville, TN
Posted Jul 17 2019, 10:28

I don't know how I never learned this after using list source for years, but for you wholesalers and marketers out there this could be a game changer. Definitely is for me.

If you build a list, say AO in a zip code, and then filter by last recorded date or last market sale date, list source will trim the list WAAAYYY down to only the records they have a date for. I got curious because when I filtered for a large date range, my list became tiny. The problem is, OVER HALF of the records of any given list doesn't have a date in their database, so those get left off right out of the gate.

I just downloaded a list without using the date filter, and made sure to pay extra to append the data with listsource's additional data like last market recording date etc. Here's what I found:

65% do not have a date for "last market sale date"

55% do not have a date for "last market recording date" 

*all records except a couple had a recording date if they had a sale date. There were 10 - 20% that had a recording date but no sale date.

The data also provided this, though I couldn't find a way to filter for it before buying a list on the website:

65% did not have a date for "OWNER TRANSFER SALE DATE"

*Roughly 50% of the ones who had owner transfer date also had either a last market sale or recording date.

Loading replies...