Airbnb Pet Policy and charges

7 Replies

Does anyone with an Airbnb allows pets? If so, do you charge an additional deposit, cleaning fee, rent increase or all of the above? Have you had any good or bad experiences with it?

We have an AirBNB rental.  Actually in Warsaw MO.  We charge $100/stay for cleaning and $100 for each pet.  They have to get permission for the pet before arrival.  So far we haven't gotten any pets to show up

Originally posted by @Ryan Ulrich :

@Josh Bakhshi

How long have you had your BNB? have you been successful overall so far? What other considerations are you considering when allowing pets?

We have a fenced yard.  So I would take all cats and dogs other than rottweilers and pit-bulls.  Dogs over 15lb have to be outside and owner is responsible to clean up after them.  Again, we haven't rented to anyone w/ pets, but that is our guidelines.  I'm actually thinking of not allowing them moving forward b/c I don't need to based on my track history.  Are you guys getting a lot of requests? 

@Josh Bakhshi 

We are just under contract for the house now. Trying to get all my ducks in a row and policies decided before listing. We don't have a yard, but we are right next to a dog park. I'll probably not allow pets at first and see how it goes.

@Ryan Ulrich ,

We do not allow pets or smoking. If a guest breaks either of these rules, we fine them $300. Sometimes we only have a few hours to clean a space before our next guests arrive, which isn’t enough time to get rid of smoke/animal smells.

I have higher end family homes and allow pets $100 pet fee that we give our cleaner for extra detailing. Zero issues in 2 years, 10 properties. Families that travel with pets and pay high rates to do so take very good care of the home.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here