Gaining Investors through Website

7 Replies

Does anybody have any experience with setting up a website and accepting investments through that website? Example: an individual visits the website, reads about our investment company and the real estate projects that are needing investors to be completed, that individual clicks on it, selects/enters amount wanting to invest and they enter their card number in. 

Is this a smart way to get investors involved in projects if say they aren't able to attend an in person informational meeting? I'm looking for multiple ways to get people involved and this popped into my head. 

All feedback is welcome!

@Mickayla Smith this sounds like a crowd funding type website. These investors will most likley all need to be accredited but the first step will be to consult a SEC attorney before you do anything else. I would also suggest not accepting card payments or checks; just bank wires in the investor's name or entity name.

Originally posted by @Mickayla Smith :

Does anybody have any experience with setting up a website and accepting investments through that website? Example: an individual visits the website, reads about our investment company and the real estate projects that are needing investors to be completed, that individual clicks on it, selects/enters amount wanting to invest and they enter their card number in. 

Is this a smart way to get investors involved in projects if say they aren't able to attend an in person informational meeting? I'm looking for multiple ways to get people involved and this popped into my head. 

All feedback is welcome!

I doubt if you would get any investors this way. It's like trying to ask someone to marry you on the first date. Most large investments or purchases require a phone call to get them to part with their money. People invest in people, not projects. What you need to do is build a funnel to attract people using some sort of lead magnet that would then allow you to invite someone to book a conversation with you. This is online marketing 101. Also, web sites don't typically convert. What you also need to do is set-up a landing page. 

I'm not sure about the crowdfunding angle but it would require something like a memorandum offering and approved by the securities commission and there are lots of rules around this.  

There are folks out there. Find a few websites you like and look at the very very bottom. There's usually something in the footer that'll tell you who designed the website. If not, hit right click and go to the source code. Read the notes and look to see if you can find the author's name in the notes. 

Content marketing is one of the best ways to build traffic to such a website. Some folks have successful blogs, podcasts, YouTube shows, ebooks, and more. 

I agree with @Jim Pellerin in the sense that it's hard to get people invest if they don't know, like, and trust you. There are many ways to build that, but it's much more difficult than just putting up a website.

All feedback is welcome!

I have a website for the Turnkey properties I sell in Arizona. But, It isn't the website that matters, I meet with people individually after having a phone conversation or two. I don't even mention the website unless it applies. Sometimes I send people there just because I don't think they are ready yet and they need information like FAQs and how the process works and what to expect, etc

Most of my buyers are from California so I expect them to come into Phoenix, Mesa, Scottsdale or Sun City etc to see actual houses, be driven around the neighborhoods and identify what their investment goals are. We have a 2 hour lunch and go over actual deals with actual numbers. I show them the actual houses. No website will or can provide the opportunity for a serious investor to do due diligence. So, a website is one of the last things to worry about if you have a honest market offering of a property.

All feedback is welcome!

Setting up the website would be the easy part. What you need to focus on is the marketing that will get the investor to the point that they want to do all of that. That is what's going to matter.

@Mickayla Smith this will be the way it's done.  However, you will still need to ensure that the website builds trust and credibility that gives them the comfort needed to invest.

I’m a Mastery Student and Web Applications Developer by trade. Let me know if you want to chat regarding your web presence needs.

Marketing...

We are in the business of marketing. Lead generation. From my experience, and believe me when I say, most people know NOTHING of doing this right, this is my advise to you!

You are dealing with high ticket items. If you are targeting  ranges in the 300 to 2000 dollars you can get away with an online for where they enter their CC and be done with it.

But when you are targeting abstract numbers in higher ranges, it is absolutely not ideal to do it that way. Like some above me have mentioned you need to go on a call  with them and sell it that way.

Credibility is the Catalyst To Conversion!

Credibility is everything!

You NEED a good website, and this is actually the hardest part. Credibility is NOT trivial.

Mistake #1:

People often think that the more crap you put on it about yourself the more credible you are. WRONG.

What happens when you try too hard for your GF to believe you. She will believe you LESS!

Mistake #2:

People think that the more interested someone is in what you offer, the less credible you have to be.

WRONG.

The more desperate or motivated your target is, the MORE credible you need to be!

So website is the most important part.. Once your website is set up, you drive motivated traffic to it, have them opt into a value video, where you explain the process in about 20 to 30 minutes. The ask them for one on one call with you where you personally seal the deal.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here