What's going on with Yellowletters.com

6 Replies

Yes.  I’ve been absent however have made major changes over the last month.  

If I may be honest. 2019 was a crappy year.  I spent too much time creating a different business. 

Sorry it affected you. 

Originally posted by @Michael Quarles :

Yes.  I’ve been absent however have made major changes over the last month.  

If I may be honest. 2019 was a crappy year.  I spent too much time creating a different business. 

Sorry it affected you. 

That type of responsibility and accountability is not often seen now a days, particularly on an open forum. Thank you for being authentic in your response. and congrats on creating a new business. 

As for Yellow Letters, are you planning on implementing any new features or ideas this year? 

I came across this post because I have utilized the idea behind yellow letters to contact leads in the past. I am looking for information on whether outsourcing the work has been productive to other investors.   

I'd fine another option. The people operating the company lack ethics and honesty. I've used them since 2015 and 2019 was a cluster for them costing myself and other investors hundreds of thousands in wasted marketing dollars as well as lost deals. They screwed up an order of mine in the spring. Basically sent it weeks late. If you're big in direct mail, staying on a consistent schedule is huge. It's all about catching the prospects at the right time. So as I sat around with phones not ringing, I got the ring around from YL about my mail. It eventually did hit but I lost over a month of time on my direct mail campaigns. I moved on to a different company and had no issues. In October 2019, James from the company reached out to me about a new product. I liked it since I've not seen it yet and wanted to stand out from my competition. I placed an order Oct 29th to be mailed 11/1,11/8,11/15, and 11/22. This was a $15,500 order. Long story short, the first batch went out on the 3rd. The second batch on the 13th and the 3rd on the 22nd. At least that's what YL is saying. I sent out 18K pieces and got minimal calls. I also sent it first class priority and got minimal return mail (like 3 pieces). Through out this time, I'm emailing James and calling. No responses for a 2 week period. When I called, he was busy but never returned a call. Others who spoke with me gave different details to my order from it's still being processed to it's all sent out. The owner emailed me on 12/2 that only half had been sent. It's a giant cluster over there. Wanting to get mail out before people shut down for Christmas, I rushed ordered on 12/3 with another company costing me an additional $19K. I tried to dispute the charges with my credit card but technically YL did what I ordered- just a month late again so they didn't give me credit for it. So over the course of 2019, I lost basically May, Nov, & Dec in direct mail marketing because of YellowLetters.com. Those two mailings cost me $30K in actual costs. In reality, I also lost 5-7 deals from the mail not hitting. My average deal (mixed between wholesales and flips) is $22K. I don't care how nice Michael is or how knowledgable he is (great podcast if you're starting into wholesaling by the way), the company is a garbage and needs major overhaul with the people he's entrusted to run it. I'd only use them if you want to deal with the same issues myself and a number of others have- do a search as you'll see plenty of posts regarding this same issue last year. Good luck.

I hade a few issues with YL as well but after writing an email to Michael Quarles personally I was blown away! He responded ASAP and credited me over $1000 without me even asking for a single buck! 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you