Yellow letters.com Horrible Experience

61 Replies

I set up a campaign where I ordered post cards from yellow letters.com 3 weeks ago with a list I purchased from list source.com

I also paid to have letters sent 3 weeks after. They still have not mailed my post cards and have been giving me the run around about their team members having health problems and not being able to get around to it. I just want to warn you guys about this company. I screwed up and used them. Hopefully my mail gets sent eventually..

Does anyone have a reputable marketing provider? I don’t mind paying for a good service.

I am in the same boat with you and posted my experience in another thread this AM. Several investors have had the same issue too as you’ll see with a quick search. I lost $15,500 in my November campaign they swear they sent out. What’s weird is I got 0 return mail and it was suppose to be sent first class priority. I got 8 calls total out of 18k PCs sent out. I get more FU callers in a normal month than 8. I bet they sent out 10% and quit. James ghosted me for 2 weeks and everyone else gave different info to the status of my mail. The $15,500 I wasted is nothing compared to the 3-4 deals I didn’t get from the mail not hitting. 
mice had great success with GoBigPrinting. @Michael Quarles

Originally posted by @Travis Wells :

@Adrien S.

Wow, I’m so sorry to hear that. Thank you for responding.

Challenges happen in any business.  Fortunately I run a large enough business to absorb the loss here. I know when I was starting like a lot of people using yellow letters.com, they can’t afford something like this. I sank all my money into marketing when I started and a scam like this would’ve ended my career. 

@Travis Wells I did with my credit card and my dispute was denied. Challenge is they claimed to complete the order and showed "proof" they delivered to the post office. Yet the two issues are if they delivered it, it was over a month late which is useless in direct mail. I also question the proof that shows it was delivered- anyone with some computer skills could produce that document they used as proof. My proof is 8 calls out of 18K post cards, 0 return mail, and only a portion of my seed letters being delivered to me. 

I've been receiving a notable amount of postcards with completely wrong address and name on it.  I actually called the first time I noticed it, trying to warn the guy he is sending out bogus postcards.  His virtual assistant had no idea what I was trying to explain. Then I started getting more and more to unknown names for unrelated addresses, so just dropped it.  

No idea if its related, but I am beginning to think with the increase in everyone and their sister being wholesalers now, the marketing vendors can't keep up? 

Originally posted by @Pratik P. :

Wow that's really odd. I used to use them A LOT a few years ago. 

Yeah- I’ve used them since 2015 and no issues till 2019.  The screwed up an order for me in May so I went elsewhere. After some discussions with a sales guy there, decided to try a new product in November. Gigantic cluster there and James is half the problem. Dude doesn’t have the ability to tell the truth. 

@Travis Wells I’m going through the same exact thing. I read your thread and it wowed me with how accurate the comparison of your story is compared to mine! They’ve been giving me the run around for months. I sent thousands of mailers and have yet to receive any calls!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you