Skip to content
Marketing Your Property

User Stats

Votes
Arsalan Augend
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Chicago
Votes |
State/ county to start rehab investment ?

Arsalan Augend
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Chicago
Posted Aug 7 2020, 09:33

Hope this post doesn’t seem as newbie as I am since I am new to the game. I have finished most books on this site and now am ready to start ( primarily rehab projects but am open to rehab and rent approach too ). My approach is to first select the state I want to investigate , then find the county and then city and finally the neighborhood but am stuck in the very first step !

I live in Chicago and own and fly my aircraft which gives me some 300-400 miles comfortable radius to invest ( IL , WI, IN , MN, IA , MO fall within 2 hours flight time). No need to say that I am not ready for distant investment yet.

I am analyzing these markets but each one falls short in some serious aspects. One shows great population income but not much value growth , another has better economy but has over priced safe neighborhoods , etc, etc ,.....

Want to learn from your expert point of view , which state ( if any ) would you pick among the ones mentioned above and what metrics get you excited about your choice . Any advice is highly appreciated !

Loading replies...