Looking for a good direct mail letter

39 Replies

Hi Douglas,

I would really appreciate the post card as well and I will gladly send you some of the revenue that it earns for me.
I sent you a colleague request with my info or if it's not breaking any rules my email is [REMOVED]

thanks in advance,
Lance

I replied Lance and I hope you find the post card useful. Very inexpensive and we do not follow up because we have so many leads to go mail out to. What I would do if it is a home that I am VERY INTERESTED in I will take a drive by and leave them a door hanger. Putting a good marketing campaign together is worth every dime.

SUCCESS BREEDS SUCCESS

Thanks a lot Douglas, very helpfull and will be put to good use.

Originally posted by Douglas Christian:
Sorry about that. I get so many requests and stay busy until I forgot. Charge it to my head not to my heart. It is on its way.

SUCCESS BREEDS SUCCESS

Douglas,
This is impressive. I am in Canada, I will appreciate if you can mail this to me as well my e mail is[EMAIL REMOVED] Thanks a lot.
So.j..

To all the real estate coaches and realtors on this post. Never heard of such. I mean I have, but if I am in trouble with my home, why would I sit down and read three or four pages of the same stuff about how to save my house.

I have a GREAT solution that I can GUARANTEE gets a better response that the GURU's.

POSTCARDS. You do not have to open it and I get a GREAT RESPONSE. You let Barnett send his letter and let me send my postcards and I guarantee that my postcard will get read before his AUTOBIOGRAPHY.

I usually charge for this info, but you have enough real estate coaches on this post that will be glad to take that honor.

SUCCESS BREEDS SUCCESS

Douglas,
This is impressive. I am in Canada, I will appreciate if you can email this to me as well my e mail is in my signature Thanks a lot.
So.j..

Hello Douglas, could you also send me the post card,also who did you use for your answering service??

I agree, I personally have much more success with postcards than lengthy letters. I want to get them to call me then I can explain everything... I even use a postcard with local scenery.. that way they know I'm local and it gives a personal touch. They know it is a local postcard... so they are more inclined to look at it.

To all the real estate coaches and realtors on this post. Never heard of such. I mean I have, but if I am in trouble with my home, why would I sit down and read three or four pages of the same stuff about how to save my house.

I have a GREAT solution that I can GUARANTEE gets a better response that the GURU's.

POSTCARDS. You do not have to open it and I get a GREAT RESPONSE. You let Barnett send his letter and let me send my postcards and I guarantee that my postcard will get read before his AUTOBIOGRAPHY.

I usually charge for this info, but you have enough real estate coaches on this post that will be glad to take that honor.

SUCCESS BREEDS SUCCESS

Hi Douglas,
I'd greatly appreciate the postcard as well! I will remember your generosity when I complete my first deal. I sent you a request-
Thanks,
Josh

Wow Douglas, over a year later and still getting requests. Out side of a few posts at the top of this thread recommending that people actually learn to write their own copy, I've seen little else.

Just my opinion here: if you're looking for a magic bullet, you're already cutting corners. Due diligence applies to every facet of your business.Learn your market and you'll know just what to say.

We use Yellow Letter Marketing, just Google Yellow Letter and you'll find many companies to choose from.

We are averaging a 11.2% response rate.

The next MOST important question is what list are you marketing to. And the answer to that is...Inheritance List & Absentee Investors.

Cheers :)

Hey Douglas, if you're still around. Could you email me a copy of that letter? I'm sending you a request wtih my email info in it.

Hi Troy-

How do you get your lists? I've used listsource but can't target all of the ones you listed.

Thanks!

Mark I have been using yellow letters with red ink in invitation style envelopes with up side down or crooked stamps on them. You have to think most people are getting bills every month. An invitation envelope in the mail will stand out of all that clutter.

It really depends on which part of the Real Estate market you want to target. Letters will be different for every class of real estate. If you are going to market to people in foreclosure it is best to understand the foreclosure laws and foreclosure time lines in your market. Depending on what this research should determine how many letters would be in your marketing sequence. Typically a good marketing campaign would involve 3 to 6 letters or post cards. As far as the copy for letters or post cards, find a local Real Estate investing club and ask around. Also I have seen "Real Estate Guru" courses on Ebay for just a few dollars. These will also have ad copy in them.

This note is for Douglas Christian. I would like the postcard also and am willing to pay for it.
Thank you.
Jayne

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here