Absentee Owners Lists - ABOUT THE HOMEOWNER

4 Replies

To all you realtors calling anyone in your area who are absentee owners. Have you really thought about the probability that the homeowner has NO INTENTIONS of selling the property?!? Perhaps you shouldn't RANDOMLY call people on those lists! I live in Southern California, I own a rental property in the Austin, Texas area. I LITERALLY get a call a day, sometimes more often, from a realtor asking me if I want to sell my house. NO, I don't want to sell my EFFING HOUSE! STOP calling absentee homeowners!!!!!!!!!!! 

It's because they do spray and pray marketing and stupid text and call blasts instead of doing the on-site research on absentee owners. I only contact absentee owners (I am one several times over so I get it) when the house is in bad shape or if they have a lot of properties to see if they want to offload their worst one at a discount. I hear you. I get texts all day about properties I am still rehabbing.

Welcome to the world of all the off-market deals people talk about.   If you got that many people calling it's probably a good time to sell.  just put your price 100K over what you think it's worth and leave that on your voicemail.  Set your terms.  No option.....$25,000 non-refundable earnest money... The sky's the limit right now in Austin.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you