Seasoning period...va loan vs fha loan

2 Replies

My Husband and I purchased a house 8 months ago under his va loan. But now I'm ready to start my real estate business for rental properties and flipping houses I found a market cheap and curious do I have to wait a year before I buy investment property? I don't plan on moving into the investment property.

Are you guys planning on refinancing or anything with the VA loan? The seasoning period only pertains to the subject loan (i.e. if you were going to refi the VA loan you would need to make 6 months/210 days of on time payments on the VA loan mortgage). Theoretically if the numbers all work and you have the funds you can buy an investment property the very same day as the VA home purchase. The two loans are mutually exclusive so you do NOT need to be on the VA loan for a certain amount of time before purchasing an investment property.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you