Sugestions on investing on real estate just started

5 Replies

Columbus OH the prices right now are going crazy I bought the house where I live almost 2 years ago now the price is 20k up I have 2 roommates right now my friends both of them part time we work together remodeling houses me and one of my friends who lives with me we bought another house 38k planing on spending 25k full remodeling and selling it at least 100k till now things are going great just need suggestions if I’m on the right place now we planing on doing this full time but for fixing the house I borrowed 13k from the bank with 10% interest that’s the thing I’m worried about but I planned on paying it off soon as we sale the house the 38k we paid it on cash

@Eli Vokrri

It sounds like you’re on the right track. Columbus and most markets now are sellers markets and good for flipping due to the demand and appreciation.

I would recommend trying to save some of the sale proceeds and buying rental properties so you can build passive income that will pay your for years to come.

@Marc Rice

Thank you for the suggestion I’ve thought about that but since I just started just need someone more money to get better in to it the next one after we sale the first one my friend is looking to buy a house and from my actual house we planing on moving at his house so that way I can rent out the house we live now and in probably 6 months or 1 year if we’d be able to to get another one that will be helpful on starting investing on rentals I may be wrong about it but i think I need some experience with it also I don’t have anyone helping me on that side but on flipping I do have a friend who has done many and he’s helping me with it talking about the education side I don’t know much about rentals

Originally posted by @Eli Vokrri :

Columbus OH the prices right now are going crazy I bought the house where I live almost 2 years ago now the price is 20k up I have 2 roommates right now my friends both of them part time we work together remodeling houses me and one of my friends who lives with me we bought another house 38k planing on spending 25k full remodeling and selling it at least 100k till now things are going great just need suggestions if I’m on the right place now we planing on doing this full time but for fixing the house I borrowed 13k from the bank with 10% interest that’s the thing I’m worried about but I planned on paying it off soon as we sale the house the 38k we paid it on cash

I think real estate is crazy everywhere. We need to open up the foreclosures again. I have been looking for a single-family home in Columbus, Ohio 43202 area with little luck. I have just been buying multifamily and my fiancee is getting pissed. It is the only thing I can find for reasonable prices. 

Originally posted by @Eli Vokrri :

That's great, everyone is renovating right now, you're in a good business.  

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you