Im 18 & a Future Real Estate Investor

4 Replies

Im 18 and I want to invest but have no money , so my first plan is to get a job and save up for my first investment property. What do you recommend I do , if you had the chance to start over at 18 what would you do ? To insure financial success through real estate ? Build my credit , save up, learn everything I can about real estate what else ? How can I make people take me serious and earn the respect ?

Hey @Sergio Reyes , congrats on getting started so early.  I would say you should start by saving your money and purchase a house hack with 5% down.  That will give you the training wheels on being a property manager and purchasing a property.  The key is to start when you are young so you can keep building equity.  

Having the one deal under your belt will help with people taking you more seriously.  Beyond that, you need to act VERY professionally, speak well, don't be lazy, always go above and beyond, and read as much as you can on real estate and business. 

@Brad Hammond Thank you for the knowledge and insight , I will be sure to out perform and out grind the people in my market. I am already taking the steps needed to excel in real estate and I won’t let anything jeopardize it , I will make sure to act professionally , on my journey with real estate. Thank you again for the help.

Hey @Sergio Reyes

Congrats to you for your ambition! If you are looking to connect with someone for some guidance or advice, feel free to reach out. I also recommend you read this article I wrote for Bigger Pockets titled How to Invest in Real Estate Before Turning 21. Even if you're already 21 or older, it has some great advice for getting started. Once you've read it, let me know your thoughts and if you have any questions. I am a high school teacher in Colorado and I am always looking to help young people get started in real estate investing or help in any way I can. Let me know if you want to chat sometime. https://www.biggerpockets.com/

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you