Thinking of signing up for propstream

3 Replies

I was thinking about signing up for propstream. Does anyone have experience with the site? Is it worth the investment or do you prefer a different site? Thanks

Search BP forums for "propstream". there's long and detailed threads from us PS users.  No need to duplicated that discussion.

Read:  https://www.biggerpockets.com/...

here's the longest thread:  https://www.biggerpockets.com/...

No tool especially today offers an easy path to REI profit!!!!!!!

Just this AM I was drilling into an address that came in via my FB PPC marketing (about $400-$600/mo and no deals yet in 6 mo) looking at the mortgage situation, a bit different then what the distressed, moved out owner, who was saying they where willing to let the house go back to the bank. They are willing to let me buy subject to,,,, we are not sure we want this deal. A town home, HOA fees, damage, poor shape community. Town homes need deep digging and given that FL condo tower situation, we need to avoid condos!!! I was noticing that in that community there are 150 homes with liens (PS does great job on mortgages, balance, payment, liens, divorces etc). I was thinking... create a mailing list to the properties with liens, but not too high a liens. Some where $50k. LOL

PS has the best data of any tool I have. I have done free demos, even paid full price for the "other" tools and PS is the best. But $99/mo (I'm paying more for the list uploader feature) will not guarrantee deals. Its your hard work and pay ALOT of cash for the marketing, mo after mo after mo. Typical deal marketing costs for wholesalers is $3k to $5k,,, yup!!! Just for the marketing costs. Which means after taxes (up to 50% all told) blablabla you might be making $10/hour. To me the profit is in keeping the houses as rentals not wholesaling them. Sorry for the good news and bad news re making money in REI via direct marketing. BTW SMS is going down hill fast due to regulatory and the networks shutting down spam SMS! Got one deal in 12 mo of SMS marketing to 4k stressed owners/mo. I bet most of my SMS are not getting delivered or the owners put my phone number on block. ;(

Please go to the above threads.

Best of luck!   

BTW a "pro" in REI has about $500/mo in these recurring expenses PLUS $1k to $4k (or more) in actual marketing costs. I'm just trying to tell it like how it is. Not candy coated, easy money, no cash needed to make millions B.S.!

hey @Lux Amator ,  Propstream is powerful tool if you know how to use it effectively. Like @Curt Smith  Said its not going to make deals for you, but you have thousands of properties at your fingertips that you can narrow down by filtering your ideal property's criteria. Then you need to plan a marketing campaign around these prospects. Direct mail, cold calling, door knocking, etc.

If you're unsure about building a targeted list or campaign let me know, I have some pointers to get you started.

We love propstream, it's very easy to use and provides accurate data. The one thing they lack is pulling vacant land lists, at least in my area. They claim the properties are listed as vacant land on the county assessor's data roll but when I pull the lists from the county, it's clearly occupied by some type of building. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you