• Chicago, IL
Votes |
Psychotherapist to real estate- network

Lisett Tito
  • New to Real Estate
  • Chicago, IL
Posted Sep 14 2021, 09:53

Hello everyone,

I'm a full time psychotherapist in Chicago and entering the world of real estate. My world at the moment revolves around therapy and mental health, which I love and enjoy. I am however finding it difficult to connect with others in the real estate world. I've joined facebook groups and will be attending an investor meet up this month. Any tips on how to continue to connect with others, CPAs, lenders, lawyers, agents, what to look for and of course staying safe financially? 

Appreciate the feedback! 

My partner & I were just in a discussion about hiring a therapist for our real estate clients and some of our tenants. Maybe even using one for ourselves. With regards to connecting with others, I think you already know how to do that. The last part of your question- How to stay safe financially.....  Here's what we do.

1. We establish a minimum Return on Investment for our business. Every deal is evaluated against that ROI minimum

2. We update our ROI requirements quarterly. We use the Stock Market as a barometer for our ROI requirement.

3. Analysis, Analysis, Analysis- Make your decisions based on data, not hunches (unless you have some kind of inside information). 95% of the time you will be able to find market data to support or not support an investment. This is a data driven business. Once you've established your criteria for investment then use the data to support your analysis of every deal presented to you.

4. Have Fun- otherwise you'll end up sitting in a therapist chair yourself

Loading replies...