Votes
Mike Schorah
  • Investor
Votes |
Does Cold Calling Really Work?

Mike Schorah
  • Investor
Posted Sep 16 2021, 11:22

I went Driving For Dollars and was able to get a list of 994 addresses for distressed properties. I was able to look up the names for 95% of these properties. I finished adding the names yesterday.

Today, I started to look up the phone numbers for these addresses/names. I started with Whitepages.com. I was only able to get 1 free name. The rest of the inquires required a paid subscription. I then went to Facebook to no avail. It seems to be nearly impossible to match names to properties with Facebook let alone getting phone numbers. Then, I went to thatsthem.com. Eureka-it worked... briefly. I was able to get 10 free phone numbers before creating an account. Then, I noticed that you only get 30 free phone numbers per month before a subscription is required. Just to test the data, I looked up myself as well as a relative's phone numbers to discover that the information that it was giving me is 10 years old (Not to mention the fact that it gives you multiple phone numbers for one listing). I can only assume that Whitepages.com works the same way. 

Has anyone used Whitepages.com to cold call? Does it work?

I'm open to other low cost strategies that offer low competition. You need a license to door knock in my area so that's most likely out of the question.

Loading replies...