What’s your approach to marketing for off market deals today

2 Replies

Hi guys,

My main question is what are wholesalers and people looking for off market deals doing in today’s world to generate quality leads?

For the last six months I’ve been working on SEO and ranking in the top three for anywhere from 10 to 20 key phrases. It’s been 2 months of good rankings but basically no calls or forms filled out on my site.

I notice in my market of Salt Lake City there’s at least 4 paid ads before any organic search results come up. Then sometimes map SEPR’s pull up, so even with good top three placement in organic sometimes your 2/3 down the page.

I’ve decided to continue with SCO but have also started a non-owner occupied list and bird-dog list to mail to.

Insured what are people doing today to generate great leads consistently?

Thanks. 

Hello @Eric Douros ,

We've done SEO marketing to help us get off-market properties but from what I understand this is a 12-18 month plan to get you ranked about halfway down the page. 

The best (and least time-consuming) sources for us have been cold-calling & email campaigns. The goal is just to get in front of someone in person (or via zoom) to determine how motivated they are. Then we hand pick a few people to send mailers to.

Door knocking can be effective especially if you have something of value to discuss i.e. a recently sold, Under Contract or recently listed property nearby. 

Originally posted by @Abel Curiel :

Wait wait wait.. 12 to 18 months?

Try 2 weeks, to 5 months.

But then again, we do it very differently from the traditional SEO "experts".

SEO is the best in any and every way.

Cold calling CERTAINLY is not the best. Actually it is immoral, disrespectful and often illegal. On average every damn 30 minutes I get a call from some gadamn business trying to sell me solar panels, car warranty, skip tracing, telling me my website needs work (FOR  REAL?!) etc. etc. Anyone that promotes cold calling should be put in jail.

It is SOOOO ANNOYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So .. no.

Anyone doing cold calling is a selfish little douche that cares more about making a paycheck than the amount of people they annoy to get that friggin paycheck. No excuse for that.

Door knocking??

Let me give you a bit of actual math and logic on doorknocking DMM, cold calling.

DMM less than 3% open rate

Door knocking .. about 0.08% success rate.

The key to success as a real estate investor is your ability to find motivated seller off-market leads.

You are relying on systems that have a LESS than 3% success rate to become successful.

Of course most of you are struggling. You CAN'T argue with logic, math numbers!

Stick to SEO!

SEO is where people that want to sell find you, and ask/beg you for your services. It is moral, credible and respectful. Do you see Nike, or Apple or how about Elon Musk call you to buy a tesla? NO!

Stick to SEO. Not only is it moral, nothing works better.

And as you all know, I never give empty claims.

100% free, 100% organic, 100% completely hands-off.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you