File with courthouse or use a title co / lawyer?

2 Replies

Anyone have any advice on a deal im doing. Im doing a subject -to deal and am wondering if i can just have my contract/deed of trust filed at the county clerks office or do i need to do it at a lawyer/title co?

Every sub-2 deal that I do, I always have a title company do the closing. This protects me in case anything were to go wrong, or the sellers were to ever cry "foul".

I never advise people to do kitchen table closings with a sub-2.

Depending on the state you are in, you may need to have an attorney do the closing. Some states mandate that title companies have attorneys close the docs.