Deal analysis software on a grand scale - help

4 Replies

Hey Everyone! 

So I need some help. My deal analysis all started with a simple excel sheet I started. It was all going great, I was able to analyze everything in depth and understand the numbers to everything. As my investing evolved, so did my spreadsheet and the amount of them I had. To save time, I got into some of the lower cost software. I liked it but realized I had to still take time to input data. Then I outsourced the work and essentially gave others my spreadsheets and showed them how to do everything. I then only began reviewing their work. I enjoyed this process but found a few flaws. 

Essentially, does anyone know of a software that links up with Zillow or MLS and shows you each property in town with quick upfront cap rate, estimated NOI, etc? Preferably something that has a lot of good filters so I can narrow down on specific deals and instantly make offers if it fits my criteria? Only looking for something that specializes in acquisition. I am not looking for a software that is going to require me to go on each individual property and fill information out. If I could set a preset for all props (25% down, 4 units only, etc..) and then apply to a grand scale and then start looking at deals - that'd be a game changer for me.

Thank you all! 

Originally posted by @Vladut Bujoreanu :

Hey Everyone! 

So I need some help. My deal analysis all started with a simple excel sheet I started. It was all going great, I was able to analyze everything in depth and understand the numbers to everything. As my investing evolved, so did my spreadsheet and the amount of them I had. To save time, I got into some of the lower cost software. I liked it but realized I had to still take time to input data. Then I outsourced the work and essentially gave others my spreadsheets and showed them how to do everything. I then only began reviewing their work. I enjoyed this process but found a few flaws. 

Essentially, does anyone know of a software that links up with Zillow or MLS and shows you each property in town with quick upfront cap rate, estimated NOI, etc? Preferably something that has a lot of good filters so I can narrow down on specific deals and instantly make offers if it fits my criteria? Only looking for something that specializes in acquisition. I am not looking for a software that is going to require me to go on each individual property and fill information out. If I could set a preset for all props (25% down, 4 units only, etc..) and then apply to a grand scale and then start looking at deals - that'd be a game changer for me.

Thank you all! 

I did the same thing you did.  I used Excel to design my original forms, which got bigger the more I wanted it to do.  Now it's full software.  Somehow it took on a life of its own, and its still adding and improving as I come up with new reasons to make it bigger.

It's well worth sticking with it.

Agreed Joe! I absolutely love my own spreadsheet, it truly is magic. Perhaps you could help with this, have you been able to create functions or macro's on your sheet that can pull information from the internet and autopopulate the sheet?