• Realtor
  • Little Rock, AR
Votes |
Down payment options

Langston Carr
  • Realtor
  • Little Rock, AR
Posted Jan 25 2021, 06:44

I am a local realtor and investor based out of Little Rock, AR. I am considering making an offer on a 3/1.5 home that is just under 1000 sq ft. I’ve personally ran the comps and they come back to about $68K, $71K max. The owner recently had an appraisal done and it was $76K and the owner says she’d like to get as close as possible to that amount. I’m looking at this house as a buy and hold. Rent pulls for about $1100 per month in that location (which is within walking distance to a major hospital) The home needs cosmetic repair, the owner smoked so the walls are yellow stain. I’m looking at renewing the bathrooms, removing the carpet and replacing w/ laminate, roof looks to be be in decent condition, but I’d estimate about $12K in repairs. My issue is coming up with the down payment. I previously used a construction loan for my current properties, but I’m afraid that I will not be able to force appraisal too far north to accommodate the down payment and rehab. But I believe it is a solid rental rather long term or short term. Any suggestions for financing would be well received. Thank you in advance!

Loading replies...