Account Closed
Pro Member
Votes |
Looking to invest in Richmond VA

Account Closed
Pro Member
Posted Apr 12 2022, 04:52

Hey BP!

My business partners and I have invested in multiple flips over the last 8 months in Atlanta and San Antonio and are now looking into STR/LTR as well. We are looking at expanding into Richmond VA and thought the bigger pockets family might be able to shed some light and recommend some areas or zip codes in Richmond...

@Dustin Thomas 

User Stats

Votes
Linda S.
  • Investor
  • Richmond, VA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Richmond, VA
Replied Apr 13 2022, 08:06

@Account Closed,

It all depends on what you're looking for in Richmond!   Where you invest for cash flow is different than appreciation, and if you want an A/B/C/D rental.   If you can specify more Richmonders can help you!

User Stats

Votes
John Alexander
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Virginia
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Virginia
Replied Apr 20 2022, 11:16

I have properties in Richmond. Anywhere in the fan/ museum district should be a good bet. Church Hill is generally a good area as well. Beyond that, Richmond can case by case depending on the block something is on. 

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Jordan Scroggins
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Richmond, VA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Richmond, VA
Replied May 18 2022, 04:51

Hey @Account Closed, a couple good areas to look in are 23220, parts of 23223. STR's are strong in both areas and if you would like I can send you a link to a couple of Air Bnb's in the area so you can see how they're doing!

Some people in the area live in one side of their duplex and have the other running as an STR. Lots of options here in Richmond 👍 I also see Condos as Air BnB's here. If you need any more insiders I'm here to help!

Jordan Scroggins at Exit First Realty Logo