Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Los Angeles, CA
Replied May 31 2022, 15:33

The only numbers that concern me are your projected rehab of $40k (seems low, but I don’t know the exact conditions of the house) and the projected interest rate of 4% on the refinance. I would talk to a lender, can connect you with David Greene’s The One Brokerage if you want. I am in the process of buying my first str and rates are closer to 6.5% for investment properties. Also when you refi, banks are sometimes conservative on their appraisals, so I’d be conservative on those numbers. Hope this helps. 

The David Greene Team Logo

User Stats

Votes
Alex Hunt
Lender
  • Lender
Votes |
Lender
  • Lender
Replied Jun 1 2022, 09:36

Have you spoken with contractors on the budget and time frame? Are there near by comps that support the $680k ARV? Checked out the location in person yet? I agree with Robert above the rates for rentals are no longer 4% more like 6-6.5%. So make sure that still cash flows. Does this say your purchasing in cash? Well I put so much cash down to refi, I believe it would be best to spread the down payment into multiple projects

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Tim Herman
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Jun 1 2022, 10:45

@Juan Ledesma cash out refi limited to 75% of ARV or 510k. Won't find property manager for 5%. More likely 10-12%. Won't get a loan without insurance. Taxes will go up to around $500 a month. You will end up feeding this property close to $2000 per month out of your own pocket. Hope you have a good job.

User Stats

Votes
Juan Ledesma
Votes |
Replied Jun 1 2022, 19:13
Quote from @Robert Reynolds:

The only numbers that concern me are your projected rehab of $40k (seems low, but I don’t know the exact conditions of the house) and the projected interest rate of 4% on the refinance. I would talk to a lender, can connect you with David Greene’s The One Brokerage if you want. I am in the process of buying my first str and rates are closer to 6.5% for investment properties. Also when you refi, banks are sometimes conservative on their appraisals, so I’d be conservative on those numbers. Hope this helps. 

Appreciate it I was just throwing out a rough estimate of how a deal would sort of look like, Ive been experimenting with the tools provided by bigger pockets and learning as I go. Appreciate all the help!

User Stats

Votes
Juan Ledesma
Votes |
Replied Jun 1 2022, 19:15
Quote from @Alex Hunt:

Have you spoken with contractors on the budget and time frame? Are there near by comps that support the $680k ARV? Checked out the location in person yet? I agree with Robert above the rates for rentals are no longer 4% more like 6-6.5%. So make sure that still cash flows. Does this say your purchasing in cash? Well I put so much cash down to refi, I believe it would be best to spread the down payment into multiple projects

It's a property on my backyard market and I was just running some numbers, I wasn't to sure on my estimates which is why I posted for any feedback, thank you I appreciate the tips!