Votes |
User Stats

Votes
Tim Herman
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Jun 20 2022, 17:22

@Cliff Garcia Did you do a maintenance budget and it came to $41 per month. How did you arrive at a $0 capex budget. You will still be responsible for all the interior expenses: appliances, floors, hot water heater maybe hvac, Let's look at floors. Go to your favorite flooring stores and ask what the commercial warranty. Most will be 10 years or less. Assume you have 1000 sf of flooring. My area it is $6sf to replace. $6000/120 months lifespan=$50 per month for 1 item Still have to account for the other items in your budget. Also pay close attention to the financials of the HOA otherwise you will be special assessed if they haven't enough reserves to pay for their responsibilities.

User Stats

Votes
Cliff Garcia
Votes |
Replied Nov 3 2022, 11:30

I was unsure of the capex at the time of generating the report so I just left that one thing out for at least a ballpark estimate. Ultimately, I backed out of that deal after looking at the long term chart. The capex numbers would have only made the investment look even worse

All in all, I`m glad to have held off until the market cools down and some decent priced duplexes surface. The one I intended on purchasing was a condo. Thanks for the feedback

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes