Votes |
User Stats

Votes
Nathan Mcnabb
Votes |
Replied Jun 22 2022, 17:41
Quote from @Nathan Mcnabb:

View report

*This link comes directly from our calculators, based on information input by the member who posted.

Getting ready to close on my fist rental deal and would like to get others opinion as I'm very green in this and don't really have a mentor per say to ask for advice. I've read the books and listened to the podcast for the last 3 or 4 years and been looking for the perfect deal, but I think its time to jump in and get my feet wet. It is a 4 unit side by side apartment building. Each unit has 2 bed 1 1/2 bath, garage parking and off street parking. I paid to have a building inspection done and everything checks out great. Would guess it to be in a B neighborhood. New roof less than 5 years old. fully rented out. My wife is freaking out about the down payment money but I keep assuring her that we will make it back in a few years plus all the tax advantages we can use. What's everyone's opinion on my report? seem like a decent deal considering the times?

Any advice for a novice is greatly appreciated!

User Stats

Votes
Walter Pineda
Pro Member
  • Downey, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Downey, CA
Replied Jun 22 2022, 18:17

Congratulations looks like you scored! The only thing I would do is self-manage the property. 

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Nathan Mcnabb
Votes |
Replied Jun 22 2022, 21:11
Quote from @Walter Pineda:

Congratulations looks like you scored! The only thing I would do is self-manage the property. 

Thanks that's the plan.  Any advice on software? 

User Stats

Votes
Walter Pineda
Pro Member
  • Downey, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Downey, CA
Replied Jun 22 2022, 22:21

Dude sorry, I meant I would not self-manage the property. We have 3 out of state rentals managed by a property management that I'm not pleased with. I couldn't manage our properties if I wanted too. So don't take my advice I'm a rookie.

User Stats

Votes
Drew Sygit#2 Managing Your Property Contributor
  • Property Manager
  • Royal Oak, MI
Votes |
Drew Sygit#2 Managing Your Property Contributor
  • Property Manager
  • Royal Oak, MI
Replied Jun 23 2022, 04:32

@Nathan Mcnabb

Appears you are using 5% estimates for vacancy and maintenance.

Why?

You stated this is probably Class B - do you know nonpayment performance of Class B tenants? Why wouldn't you include nonpayment est with vacancy?

Also, how is maintenance impacted by property Class? Typically, Class B tenants are harder on their Class B buildings compared to Class A situation. Class C is worse than A or B.

So, why only 5% for maintenance?

User Stats

Votes
Nathan Mcnabb
Votes |
Replied Jun 23 2022, 12:36
Quote from @Drew Sygit:

@Nathan Mcnabb

Why?

You stated this is probably Class B - do you know nonpayment performance of Class B tenants? Why wouldn't you include nonpayment est with vacancy?

Also, how is maintenance impacted by property Class? Typically, Class B tenants are harder on their Class B buildings compared to Class A situation. Class C is worse than A or B.

I looked online somewhere and found that area was 5%? Would you recommend something different?  I'm all ears.  One Tennant has been there 5 years , one for 3 years other 2 for 1 year.  

and I just used a recommendation on 5% for maintenance.  Do you think it should be higher or lower?  Thanks for the help

User Stats

Votes
Nathan Mcnabb
Votes |
Replied Jun 27 2022, 11:32
Quote from @Drew Sygit:

@Nathan Mcnabb

Why?

?