Pro Member
  • Multifamily and Self Storage Investor
  • Richmond, VA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Multifamily and Self Storage Investor
  • Richmond, VA
Replied Jul 8 2022, 05:22

$3,600/mo rent vs a $273k purchase price puts you in a pretty good position. How comfortable are you with all of the other numbers? Are you certain the property doesn't need a lot in repairs right off the bat?  Management fee seems a bit low at 5% for a single family, do you have a management company quoting you that?

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Williams
  • Real Estate Broker
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
Replied Jul 8 2022, 07:30

Hi @Elisha Young, the numbers look pretty awesome on this! I don't see the property in the analysis so it's hard to give a ton of input without that, but just based off of cap rate, cash on cash return, and cash flow from the numbers provided it would be a great deal.  What is the rental strategy you are looking at? I see you're in Denver, but thinking the property must be somewhere else because I haven't seen a property for $273K that could rent for $3600. Would this be a traditional rental or some type of short term strategy? 

• Real Estate Agent CO (#FA100094785)

R&R Real Estate Services LLC Logo
BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Elisha Young
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Jul 8 2022, 08:02
Quote from @Ryan Williams:

Hi @Elisha Young, the numbers look pretty awesome on this! I don't see the property in the analysis so it's hard to give a ton of input without that, but just based off of cap rate, cash on cash return, and cash flow from the numbers provided it would be a great deal.  What is the rental strategy you are looking at? I see you're in Denver, but thinking the property must be somewhere else because I haven't seen a property for $273K that could rent for $3600. Would this be a traditional rental or some type of short term strategy? 

Hi Ryan, I am hoping for a traditional rental.  I've looked at the crime rate and the population of the area has increased in the last few years.  I do have a concern that there is a homeless shelter less than 2 blocks from the property.  Not sure how negatively it will impact the curb appeal to renters, which is why I have estimated the monthly rent a little lower than the average...

User Stats

Votes
Elisha Young
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Jul 8 2022, 08:05
Quote from @Taylor L.:

$3,600/mo rent vs a $273k purchase price puts you in a pretty good position. How comfortable are you with all of the other numbers? Are you certain the property doesn't need a lot in repairs right off the bat?  Management fee seems a bit low at 5% for a single family, do you have a management company quoting you that?

User Stats

Votes
Elisha Young
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Jul 8 2022, 08:09
Quote from @Elisha Young:
Quote from @Taylor L.:

Hi Taylor,
Not sure about the repairs, but will definitely look at that during a site visit.  I was planning on managing myself and thought about 8% originally; was hoping to reserve an amount for a prop mgmt company just in case I need them down the road.  Does 8% sound like a better/closer number I should be considering?