• Austin, TX
Votes |
Closed on my 2nd Rental Property!

Lawrence Briggs
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Posted Aug 3 2022, 09:27

I have officially CLOSED on my THIRD PROPERTY! In less than 6 months, I’ve purchased 2 rental properties this year (2022). This means I now own 3 properties!

I’m breaking EVERY curse of poverty in my family and building generational WEALTH!

I was born in the Calliope Housing Projects of New Orleans and raised by a single mother. Now, I’m a real estate investor playing real life Monopoly by buying up Texas!

I’m living proof that if I can do this, then others can too! 🏠 🏠 🏠

User Stats

Votes
Cade Olof
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Tucson, AZ
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Tucson, AZ
Replied Aug 3 2022, 09:49

That is so awesome @Lawrence Briggs!!! Way to go for taking action and breaking the curse! Can you tell me a little bit more about your rental properties and what your actively going after for the next one?

User Stats

Votes
Lawrence Briggs
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied Aug 3 2022, 09:57
Quote from @Cade Olof:

That is so awesome @Lawrence Briggs!!! Way to go for taking action and breaking the curse! Can you tell me a little bit more about your rental properties and what your actively going after for the next one?

Thank you so much!  @Cade Olof

I own a primary residence, and two single family rental properties. I’m a buy and hold investor. I go for properties that require very little rehab work, if any. I invest in Central Texas about 45 minutes from Austin. 

My next property will be either another single family property or duplex. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Cade Olof
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Tucson, AZ
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Tucson, AZ
Replied Aug 3 2022, 10:13

That is awesome @Lawrence Briggs!!! Keep up the great work!!!

User Stats

Votes
Replied Aug 3 2022, 10:19

Awesome! So proud of you on so many levels! I know sooo many people who claim that they're gonna get in on this game called real estate investing. Years and years later, they're still singing the same tune with nothing. Also, you didn't let your low income background stop you from achieving what you want. You are the embodiment of the American Dream. I see big things for you in the future!

User Stats

Votes
Lawrence Briggs
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied Aug 3 2022, 11:07
Quote from @Cade Olof:

That is awesome @Lawrence Briggs!!! Keep up the great work!!!

🙌🏾

User Stats

Votes
Lawrence Briggs
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied Aug 3 2022, 11:09
Quote from @Dominic Kosteris:

Awesome! So proud of you on so many levels! I know sooo many people who claim that they're gonna get in on this game called real estate investing. Years and years later, they're still singing the same tune with nothing. Also, you didn't let your low income background stop you from achieving what you want. You are the embodiment of the American Dream. I see big things for you in the future!

Thank you so much! 🙌🏾  It’s all about taking actin! I really appreciate the support and words of encouragement! @Dominic Kosteris

User Stats

Votes
Lawrence Briggs
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied Oct 13 2022, 10:02

This happened at BPCON22 👇

User Stats

Votes
Replied Oct 14 2022, 07:47

Great job! It only gets easier! Feel free to connect with me, I'm in your area and know the markets well!

User Stats

Votes
Lawrence Briggs
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied Oct 14 2022, 07:54
Quote from @Jaedon Roberson:

Great job! It only gets easier! Feel free to connect with me, I'm in your area and know the markets well!

@Jaedon Roberson thank you so much! I really appreciate it! 🤗

User Stats

Votes
Yesenia Villacis
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Oct 14 2022, 08:28

That's incredible, congratulations!!  I remember seeing you at the conference (arguably the best dressed attendee, I might add).  Keep it going!

User Stats

Votes
Lawrence Briggs
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied Oct 14 2022, 08:44
Quote from @Yesenia Villacis:

That's incredible, congratulations!!  I remember seeing you at the conference (arguably the best dressed attendee, I might add).  Keep it going!

@Yesenia Villacis thank you so much! I really appreciate it! BPCON22 was great 🤗