Votes
Chris Phillips
  • Jackson, TN
Votes |
Should this be a major concern?

Chris Phillips
  • Jackson, TN
Posted Mar 15 2015, 21:37

Looking at this as a first flip. It's a 3/2 on a quiet dead end street just outside city limits, but within 2 miles of the local Community College. It needs paint, flooring, bath and kitchen remodel on the inside. Has a weird layout where the kitchen sink is in almost another room from the stove, you can't see one from the other because of a wall. The cabinets look reusable, if I can get someone's tile counter off without destroying them and can make them work in new area dimensions. It's gonna need a new singles and probably sheeting on the roof. My biggest concern is the slightly sagging ridge line above the carport. Also looks like the beam across the entrance to the carport is somewhat sagging, I'm guessing from the lack of a center support and such a long span. I doubt it would ever fall, we rarely get much more than maybe a couple inches of snow and the most I've ever seen was @ 8" some 25 years ago. I have seen far worse roofs than this one and most don't seem too concerned. But, what about a buyer? Would I lose too much interest because of it? The home is listed at $41k and the ARV is probably somewhere in the $85k range. No recent sales in the immediate area to really compare.

Loading replies...