project

3 Replies

Does this sound like a good deal for an investor and the person he is helping find his project?

Investor fully funds project and investor recieves 50% equity in business for 5 years

The partner has 50% ownership. 

Please advise.

Could you elaborate a little bit more on the scope of the project?  Is it a flip, flip and rent, or just a buy and hold? The 50% equity for only 5 years seems a little odd. 

I've been involved (did some project management for my father's business) where we had an investor who fully funded a couple of house flips.  My father's business did 100% of the work (coordination of contractors, accounting, etc.) but it was funded 100% by the investor.  When the house sold, they split the profits 50/50.  

Those particular deals worked out great.  Mostly because you have someone with a pile of cash and little knowledge who partners with someone who has expertise in the field and can get the work done.  

it is a buy and hold as in income property motel residual income flow.

Originally posted by @James Triano :

Could you elaborate a little bit more on the scope of the project?  Is it a flip, flip and rent, or just a buy and hold? The 50% equity for only 5 years seems a little odd. 

I've been involved (did some project management for my father's business) where we had an investor who fully funded a couple of house flips.  My father's business did 100% of the work (coordination of contractors, accounting, etc.) but it was funded 100% by the investor.  When the house sold, they split the profits 50/50.  

Those particular deals worked out great.  Mostly because you have someone with a pile of cash and little knowledge who partners with someone who has expertise in the field and can get the work done.  

This project is buying motels

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here