another lead need advice on

2 Replies

hey bpers, just got another lead its a 2bed 1 bath 864sq ft house.

I ran some comps might not be exactly accurate (Zillow) and says the house is worth about 135,000. the person is asking for 165,000. what do you think I should offer on this property. Most likely im looking to wholesale. Any help would be appreciated

The sellers may have a very inflated idea of what the property is worth which is not uncommon. But yes Zillow is not accurate, I would try to connect with a Realtor in your area and see if you can get some more accurate comps. You'll absolutely want to get it for a lot less than its current value. How much you offer has a lot of variables like your commission, who your buyer is, does rehab need to happen, etc.

i guess i jumped the gun and offered him 95 for it. I ran the numbers told him my price he didnt accept it. But im going to follow up with him in about a month and see if he wants to play ball 😃. 

Personally im kinda proud of myself that was my first offer i made in my first direct mail campaign and so far i had about three calls. I will be speaking to my next one tomorrow.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.