Jared B.
  • Belgrade, MT
Votes |
Fixer Upper in Billings MT

Jared B.
  • Belgrade, MT
Posted Aug 17 2016, 21:18

Hey all,

I'm working with a gentleman in what will possibly be my first deal and am looking for opinions and advice on how to move forward smoothly. Home is in Billings Montana. Don't have actual square footage down yet. Built in 1929 and moved off original lot for some business expansion. Seller only asking $35k, and doesn't sound excited about owner financing but may give it a shot with a hefty down payment.

Need to acquire land, and am eyeing one plot I may be able to get on loan. Walls are plaster and many appear to have cracked in transport off original foundation. Underside of house is immaculate, without cracking or for of any kind. Seller states plumbing and electrical are updated modern. 

I just found out a nifty way to fix plaster walls without replacing them, which basically involves binding them back to the lathe backing.

So, my understanding is I Need to price land, moving costs, foundation costs, permits, utility hookups, renovation/landscaping, and then sell/rent this thing into bigger pockets :)

Let me know what you all think. Sorry I'm having difficulty getting pics and video formatted right to post on here. Should have them up soon hopefully.

-Jared

Loading replies...