• Charlotte, NC
Votes |
Warm hands, cold feet. Help

George Drivas
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • Charlotte, NC
Posted Apr 28 2017, 12:23

Greetings! Noob here with some questions.

I've been reading about REI for years and am finally ready to jump in. I live in Charlotte NC and am looking at buying a REO 4plex as a buy and hold rental. I'm looking for referrals for seasoned REI real estate agents who handle REO's. Someone knowledgeable about the market values, market rental values, and bank negotiations/closing.

Any advice on my plan below, suggestions, warnings, etc is welcome also.

My plan is to purchase using mortgage for whatever is left after deposit required so looking for advice on lower deposit requirements. Deposit will come from either cash, HELOC, or both. Alternatively thinking a short term private loan for deposit required then convert entire property to conventional mortgage after its seasoned in 6-12 months. Keeping cash for rehab.

Could use any personal recommendations on REI minded rehab contractors as well if you know of any in my area.

Last but not least, any thoughts about self managed vs using property management company? I work full Time so that's my downfall. I'm thinking management company has the process and procedure in place and can get me listed and rented faster than I could solo. I know it comes at a cost however so what are your thoughts and do you recommend any company in particular?

Thanks in advance for reading and any input you have.

George 

Loading replies...