Skip to content
Real Estate Deal Analysis & Advice

User Stats

Votes
Christopher Santiago
  • Sicklerville , New Jersey
Votes |
New to real estate military Single South Jersey.

Christopher Santiago
  • Sicklerville , New Jersey
Posted May 18 2017, 14:24
so this would be my first discussion board with anything. My background: active duty Army started basic at 18 and I'm 23 now. I have traveled all over and currently stationed in Europe. I am going back home NOV 2017 to South Jersey in Sicklerville to be a Army recruiter. I have a place to stay at for $300 a month. I have a few bills to pay off and my credit is a 620. I go to recruiting school for two months in that time I will be debt free besides my car loan. I have no savings. I will be recruiting for at least three years. I am single with no kids. My plan: Save a few months of money and buy a duplex/Triplex near Rowan university in Glassboro and rent to students or family's. I was looking at buying around $200,000. The area is growing fast. I could stay with family 30 mins away from work or stay on the property and rent the rest out using a VA loan. I am new to this all and will take all the advice I can get. My Goals: Build a business while I serve and retire in the military. I'm a quick learner and I feel like I can do this. THOUGHTS?

Loading replies...