• Denver, CO
Votes |
Denver Multifamily Question

Evan Miller
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Denver, CO
Posted Aug 22 2017, 11:17

Hello everyone!  I'm a pretty new aspiring investor, and am hoping to make my next property be a 2-5plex somewhere in the Denver area.  given my minimal experience, I know this may be a lofty goal.  But I love Denver (and I live here) so I want to be a part of making our city a good place to live.  Any thoughts on that challenge are welcome as well, but the specific question I have is this:

In my basic MLS search, a 5plex came up in the 80236 zip code that seems to me to be priced a lot lower than I normally expect to see for fjive units in Denver. Looking into it further, there seems to be some potential in the property. My main concern with it is whether or not the neighborhood is a good one in which to invest. I've since learned that the crime rate in that area is relatively high, and my general feel from growing up here is that it is a little bit on the sketchy side. At the same time, Mullen High School is right there so maybe it's a decent neighborhood. Is there anyone out there who may have experience investing in this area?

Here's the property's address:  3860 S Lowell Blvd Denver, CO 80236

Loading replies...