Buying Decisions cheapr, smaller units or more expensive

1 Reply

Hi Folks,

Just starting out. I am curious, in general, if you initially have just a block of cash to use - lets say 70000 for down payments. Is there more advantage (tax, cash flow, etc) to get many cheaper units or less, costlier units (maybe because the area is better). I understand there are a lot of variables like area, rents, and others. But I want to get a sense of what your experience is. I know - this is seriously newbe question :)

Thanks for the consideration.

Matt

Originally posted by @Matt Conrad :

Hi Folks,

Just starting out. I am curious, in general, if you initially have just a block of cash to use - lets say 70000 for down payments. Is there more advantage (tax, cash flow, etc) to get many cheaper units or less, costlier units (maybe because the area is better). I understand there are a lot of variables like area, rents, and others. But I want to get a sense of what your experience is. I know - this is seriously newbe question :)

Thanks for the consideration.

Matt

I think the answer to this question really depends on what you personal goals are with REI.

I made a similar thread recently which you can check out here:

https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/12/topics/504442-which-strategy-is-better-use-of-my-capital-for-my-goals

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.