• Rental Property Investor
  • Apex, NC
Votes |
Impact of having mobile homes in the neighborhood of NC

Nima Lama
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Apex, NC
Posted Sep 6 2020, 09:45

Want to thank you in advance for any suggestions.

We a family of 4 are very motivated to buy this SF home built on an acre of land in Apex, NC. Cost of a house is half a million dollar with homes in the neighborhood reaching up-to 800K mark.

Right before you would turn into the community there are about 40 mobile homes on the other side of the main road. The backyard of the actual house lies across from the mobile homes. Should I be concerned about this especially having a 5 years old and 8 years old ?

I have read that mobile homes tend to devalue the properties, hard to resale and have safety concerns. Upon reading few blogs the implications were it is to the best interest of the neighborhood if the mobile homes relocated. How accurate is this ?

Currently the property is not subjected to city taxes. There is a plan of expansion of NC 540 (tollway) by 2023. Would the expansion of the toll road play any role in placements/relocation of mobile homes establishment.

How can I find out more details on the regulatory barriers of placement of these mobile homes. Who in the city would be our best resource to inquire about this .

Loading replies...